Monday, January 21, 2008

oh craft





I found these black doilies at the art/craft store the other day. I had visualized them in some framing capacity but wasn't sure exactly how. After some thought, I came up with my plan. Using only materials I had at home I sewed up this pillow for our bed. And then I stepped back and worried, is this too crafty ? There's was no gluing whatsoever so I don't think it's too crafty.
I like it though and Tony does too, especially since it's obviously little creature adaptations of us, sleeping soundly. Obviously.

4 comments:

red-handed said...

Crafty's ok, every once in awhile (as it is here ~ pleased-with-himself dog) but I enjoy your artwork so much more.

Ana Kamia said...

whatever. craft as art and art as craft. art uses way too much glue lately. haha. regardless, the black doily's are HOT as frames and the creatures are super cutie.

Ana Kamia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ant said...

those are great. doesn't matter if it's art or fart, they give one a good feeling.