Sunday, September 16, 2007

oh just about that picture over there



This is the first thing I've done (art-wise) in a while that I've been really happy with. I've been struggling for months on this big oil painting and it's really been driving me crazy and causing me to question my skills. It seems every time I work on it the progress is as such: procrastinate for 20 minutes, start painting..some successful things are happening (20 minutes)...last 20 minutes:mess up successful things, feel aggravated. And so yesterday when I sat down and painted the above self portrait in about 40 minutes, I felt accomplished! I know it's nothing too great, but for me I realized I need to just slap it down, not worry so much and get back to my roots in small format. Because for me, small-ish is the way to go.
Now if only I can m-er f-ing finish that big painting...

2 comments:

The McManuses said...

You are amazing.... truly.

Fine Little Day said...

I like it, and your lovely banner as well!