Monday, September 24, 2007

That's Good. That's Bad.






This is the second part of the gift for my friend Ana's (still unborn at this moment)baby. Initially, I was going to color copy this image and frame it in a double matted frame. A former picture-framer, I knew it would cost a fortune to have one made so I looked for a ready-made. Not finding one I liked and impatient with the search, I realized that as a painter I could more quickly paint it myself. And so I did.

It's from an out-of-print children's book called, "That's Good, That's Bad" illustrated by Aliki. I would have linked, but I couldn't find anything worth linking to. Basically the plot is as such: the tiger wants to eat the boy but the boy tells him he's already being chased by a mean rhinoceroses. The boy goes on to tell the tiger all the run-ins he's been having with the rhino,
" I got down and picked up a stone and threw it at Rhino".
"Good, " said Tiger. "Good for you."
"It didn't hit him, " said Boy.
"That's Bad, " said Tiger.

And on and on.

2 comments:

The McManuses said...

I'm so getting pregnant this weekend! Not really, but I love this gift!! Wanna fight?

I'm guessing Ana doesn't check your blog yet?

ajn said...

you do good work.