I was tagged by Jen, Cecelia and Maria to do 7 Random facts about myself so here goes :
1. When I was in 5th grade, a nocturnal tumble from my loft bed left me with a head injury that required pretty major surgery and a half-shaved head. It really wasn't so bad for me--I enjoyed the weeks at the hospital, off from school watching daytime tv. An interesting part though was the fact that I left if half-shaved for a few months, until it could be a regular short haircut. We lived in NY at the time and made frequent trips to the city. Most of the time, people gave my parents dirty looks, as in "How could you let her cut her hair like that?!" but occasionally someone cool would approach me and say, "Wow, your are so lucky your parents let you do that--it's looks rad!"
2. I much prefer something savory than sweet. Don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I do love to eat.
3. I worked as a secretary at a Funeral Home for about 3 years. It was both interesting and boring.
4. My parents went vegetarian when I was 5 . Not only had I already tasted and liked meat at this point, but back then there were wasn't all these yummy meat substitutes and my mom wasn't too great at cooking. And this was back when parents made you finish your (Lentil patties) dinner before you got up from the table!
I still eat meat but not very often-I think it's given me more of a range of foods to like.
5. I just love the sound of rolling deep bass (base). I actually really enjoy when cars with great systems drive by, even if the whole car is rattling.
6. When I was 2 weeks away from my due date (pregnant with Enzo) a category 4 Hurricane passed directly over our town, a bit unexpectedly (we thought it would come in as a 2 and a lot further south). It was the scariest thing I've ever been through.
7. When I was 5 I declared I wanted to be a Clammer when I grew up. I still love clams (with garlic butter) but only want to eat them if I can eat dozens and dozens :) !!
OK, then seven people I tag are : Anne, Cara, Fliss, Esti, Leen, Samantha and Mieke & Veronik if you all are feeling up to it :)
And thanks to Jen, Cecilia and Maria for including me.