Saturday, June 28, 2008



I saw some bags of mixed nuts on sale a few weeks back and since then we've been cracking and eating them like a nice 1978 family. This weekend Enzo is couch-bound because of a foot injury so I decided it was a perfect time to make these little sailboats with the walnut halves we've been saving for just this thing. We did a trial run in the puddle in our driveway but it was a bit too shallow and they kept banking. (BUT surprisingly enough, they do sail pretty well). We plan on waiting until after the inevitable rainstorm today for a deeper puddle and some smooth sailin'....

5 comments:

Veja cecilia said...

So sweet boats! If u like zorn perhaps u know about the finnish artist helen schjerfbeck? I love her work!

Esti said...

Love those boats, especially the one with the dinosaurs sail! :)

alice said...

That is such a nice project :)

Anne said...

Lovely!!
Hope your boating adventure was a breeze:)

Helen Schjerfbeck's work is great, I love her self-portraits!

Anonymous said...

veja and anne, thank you!
It's actually not so easy to find her images, but the few I've seen are wonderful! I love her palette and plan on continuing the search...another one that I'm mad I didn't know about. And also happy to now know.